Dear Harmony Families,
Creating a safe and academically-focused learning environment for our students and staff members is the top priority at Harmony Public Schools. After months of careful preparation, we are excited to announce the re-opening of our campus on Monday, September 14 for families who chose in-person learning during our learning location selection period.
Students who return to class will find a safe and organized learning environment with a number of improvements and new wellness protocols designed to increase student and staff safety while retaining a fun, collaborative, and academically-focused campus culture.
Among these safety enhancements are:
- Temperature screenings for students and staff.
- Requiring all students and employees to wear a mask when on campus or in other group settings. (Students may bring their own mask, or the school will provide them.)
- Limiting average class sizes to allow for social distancing. (Exact class size will be dependent on number of students attending in-person versus online-only.)
- Spacing desks at least six feet apart to maintain proper social distancing and/or installing partitions where students cannot be kept six feet apart.
- Severely limiting classroom rotations/switches to prevent the spread of germs across campus and to limit person-to-person exchanges.
- Staggered drop off and pickup times to limit person-to-person exchanges.
- Modified drop off and pickup procedures (ex. Students going directly to class after drop off and/or waiting in classroom at the end of the day until parent arrives for pickup).
- Requesting all students wash hands frequently.
- Detailed nightly cleaning by contracted company.
- Required Coronavirus Awareness & Prevention trainings for all employees.
Additional details on these and other safety protocols can be found in Harmony Public Schools Back to School Playbook.
We are excited to open our doors to our students and staff very soon. Thank you for all of your efforts and feedback in helping our school return to on-campus operation, and for your ongoing support in making this another great school year for our students.
P.S. … Look for more details soon on first-day scheduling, drop-off, and pickup information.